Is there a quick setup guide for the swiftRNG device?
The SwiftRNG quick start guide can be found on this page.
Can I use the SwiftRNG device with Virtual Machines?
SwiftRNG devices shipped after March 2020 work with Linux, macOS, Windows 10 (64-bit), and Windows Server 2016/2019 (64-bit), and run in virtual machines using software such as:
- VMware ESXi 6.7.0
- VMware Workstation 15 Player
- Oracle VirtualBox 6.1
- Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac
Can the SwiftRNG device generate random bytes faster than 200 Mbps?
It is possible to use multiple SwiftRNG devices to additively increase the random number generation speed using SwiftRNG device cluster capability. More information on that subject can be found on this page.
How can I integrate the SwiftRNG device with my software application projects?
Through provided Software API and utilities, SwiftRNG devices can be used with many applications built for Linux, Windows or macOS, and with software languages such as C/C++, C#, VB.NET, Java, VBA Excel, MatLab scripts, or Delphi for Windows platforms. Code examples can be found on this page.
Why does my SwiftRNG device perform slower than expected?
There could be multiple reasons:
- An old computer system with a slow CPU will decrease the SwiftRNG download speed.
- The SwiftRNG device may have been plugged into an old USB 1.1 device port. For the best results, use the SwiftRNG device with USB ports 2.0 or later versions.
- On some Linux based operating systems, the CPU may be running at lower speeds to preserve power usage. Use
lscpucommand to check for current CPU speed when using the SwiftRNG device. For example, the maximum CPU clock speed is 3.6 GHz while the actual clock speed could be 900 MHz, in that situation you may need to manually increase the CPU clock speed or put more load on the CPU so that the OS may increase the clock speed.
- An operating system that runs in a Virtual Machine may affect the overall system performance.
SwiftRNG.dllin a stand-alone mode on Windows platforms will decrease overall performance when downloading random numbers from the SwiftRNG device. We recommend using
entropy-server.exefor the best performance results.